Home Crime Fire engulfs garage

Fire engulfs garage

SHARE
A burnt out car inside the garage after a fire took hold. © All Photos - Helen Tatchell

By Helen Tatchell


A deliberately lit fire in a residential garage has been started by minors.
Police confirmed to the Moorabool News a 6-year old boy and an 8-year old boy started the fire with paper and a cigarette lighter, on Wednesday 13 May at around 1.25pm.
The property in Cowie Street Ballan, suffered extensive damage to the garage and a vehicle under restoration inside. The house was not affected by the fire.
It is alleged the fire took hold possibly fuelled by an accelerant.
Emergency fire crews in Breathing Apparatus had difficulty extinguishing the smouldering blaze due to numerous contents located inside the garage.
The two boys lived at the premises and will be spoken to by police and the fire brigade.
Fire brigade units attended from Ballan, Myrniong and Bacchus Marsh with no injuries reported.