Home Community Damaged bins will be replaced

Damaged bins will be replaced


By Caitlin Bewley
(3rd Yr Swinburne Uni)

If your waste bin is damaged, who are you going to call?
Moorabool Council is the relevant authority to dial, and they welcome your call.
A disgruntled Bacchus Marsh resident took to social media to post her concerns with the garbage collection service she received on July 28, after her bin was damaged.
The post asked other group members if they had ever “copped this type of service.”
“Anyone know who my (property) agent contacts please? I’m not copping the fee to replace it,” the post read.
Curious to know the answers, the Moorabool News contacted Council seeking an explanation for the public.
General Manager of Infrastructure and Assets, Phil Jeffrey, said Council replace damaged bins if they are reported to relevant parties.

** PLEASE NOTE Garbage and greenwaste bins are purchased by the resident whereas recycling bins are provided at no cost.

To read the full story – Simply click on the following link and flip through to page number eleven (11).


in the 11 AUGUST 2020 edition
pick up a paper around your town.